Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > # Right Click Opening New Page?

# Right Click Opening New Page?

FlyAway

Is there a way that when someone right clicks, that it opens a
new page, instead of just giving a message, as page is copyrighted?

If so, can you give an example of the script code?

Thanks

Lee

FlyAway said:

>Is there a way that when someone right clicks, that it opens a
>new page, instead of just giving a message, as page is copyrighted?

Possibly in some browsers, with some preference settings, but not
in all cases. Even if you could, that wouldn't stop people from
being able to copy whatever you send to their browser.

Hywel Jenkins

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >, flyaway840
@hotmail.com says...
> Is there a way that when someone right clicks, that it opens a
> new page, instead of just giving a message, as page is copyrighted?

Eh? My right click doesn't give the copyright message.
Whatchatalkinabout?

--
Hywel

Kill the Crazy Frog
http://www.petitiononline.com/crzyfrg/

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

FlyAway wrote:

> Is there a way that when someone right clicks, that it opens a
> new page, instead of just giving a message, as page is copyrighted?

Yes, unfortunately.

> If so, can you give an example of the script code?

Yes, but I don't want to. Even if it does not work, it is
*my* browser, not yours. Don't mess with it!

If you have a look at the example's source code (without using
right click, of course), you see how it is done, provided you
know what you are doing.

PointedEars
* NEW: psf for <http://tagzilla.mozdev.org/>! *
* <http://pointedears.de/psf/> *