Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > small layer info on mouse over links : object or iframe ?

small layer info on mouse over links : object or iframe ?

Manny

Hi,

I would like to display a small html file in a layer (div) when the
mouse goes over a link (<a href="small.html"
onMouseOver="showPop(small.html)").

Which tag should I use in the layer :

OR

Or maybe is there another solution ?
--of course the file small.html will be different for each link on the
page, that's the job of the showPop() function--
I want my site to be visible by as most browsers/platform as possible.
If you have any link explaining how to build this, it would be helpfull.

TIA

guischarf@gmail.com

I think you should check overlib http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/

Art X

Manny wrote:

Hi,
I would like to display a small html file in a layer (div) when the
mouse goes over a link (<a href="small.html"
onMouseOver="showPop(small.html)").
Which tag should I use in the layer :
OR
Or maybe is there another solution ?
--of course the file small.html will be different for each link on the
page, that's the job of the showPop() function-- I want my site to be
visible by as most browsers/platform as possible. If you have any link
explaining how to build this, it would be helpfull.
TIA

Hi Manny,

Because the html files are small maybe you could simply put the content
of the body of them in separate hidden divisions with positioning and
make them visible when the event occurs. When the page loads the content
will already be drawn and there will be no delay waiting for the html
page to load in the iframe.

I have nothing against iframes, just a thought.

Later, Art.

Manny

"Art X" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Manny,
>
> Because the html files are small maybe you could simply put the

content
> of the body of them in separate hidden divisions with positioning and
> make them visible when the event occurs. When the page loads the

content
> will already be drawn and there will be no delay waiting for the html
> page to load in the iframe.
>
> I have nothing against iframes, just a thought.
>
> Later, Art.

The trouble is that these files are numerous (more than 1000) and used
at several different places in the website. In addition, there is a need
to upgrade these files from time to time. There would be a risk to
forget some updates if the text was included in divisions inside several
main pages.
That was my reasons to includes these files in iframes or object.

Manny

That's allmost what I wanted to do, except that I need to display in the
tooltip the content of a html file. (see why in my answer to Art X).

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...