Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Disguise my email address

Disguise my email address

Cal Smith

I use Outlook Express 6 for newsgroups. I'd like to disguise my email
address as I see many of you are doing - such as

How do I do that without also changing emails I send from my email client
(Outlook 2003)?

Pun Krocker

On this day, 10/Aug/04 21:06, Cal Smith said the following:
> I use Outlook Express 6 for newsgroups. I'd like to disguise my email
> address as I see many of you are doing - such as
> (E-Mail Removed).
>
> How do I do that without also changing emails I send from my email client
> (Outlook 2003)?

Change it in your acounts settings, the one used for Usenet is different
from your email one.

--
d[®_®]b PK

interviewing people who can't talk
for people who can't read."

Cal Smith

Thanks.

This is a test. In Outlook Express, I just changed the Email Address and
Return Address fields in Tools>Accounts>News>Properties

"Pun Krocker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cfbcub$ihq$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On this day, 10/Aug/04 21:06, Cal Smith said the following:
> > I use Outlook Express 6 for newsgroups. I'd like to disguise my email
> > address as I see many of you are doing - such as
> > (E-Mail Removed).
> >
> > How do I do that without also changing emails I send from my email

client
> > (Outlook 2003)?
> >

> Change it in your acounts settings, the one used for Usenet is different
> from your email one.
>
> --
> d[®_®]b PK
>
> "Rock journalism is people who can't write
> interviewing people who can't talk
> for people who can't read."

Himm

Cal Smith wrote:
> I use Outlook Express 6 for newsgroups. I'd like to disguise my email
> address as I see many of you are doing - such as
> (E-Mail Removed).
>
> How do I do that without also changing emails I send from my email client
> (Outlook 2003)?

why do you ask this in mozilla ng?

Cal Smith

"Himm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:KDbSc.2792$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Cal Smith wrote:
> > I use Outlook Express 6 for newsgroups. I'd like to disguise my email
> > address as I see many of you are doing - such as
> > (E-Mail Removed).
> >
> > How do I do that without also changing emails I send from my email

client
> > (Outlook 2003)?
> >

> why do you ask this in mozilla ng?

Point well taken. Pun Krocker graciously answered my query.

Sadly, alt.usenet, alt.fan.usenet, alt.usenet.newbies are all filled with
porn these days.

AyntRyte

Cal Smith wrote:

> Sadly, alt.usenet, alt.fan.usenet, alt.usenet.newbies are all filled with
> porn these days.

Have you tried
24hoursupport.helpdesk ?
That group covers most things computer (and internet) in general.

--
\\// Robert

Cal Smith

"AyntRyte" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsycSc.4539$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Cal Smith wrote:
>

> > Sadly, alt.usenet, alt.fan.usenet, alt.usenet.newbies are all filled

with
> > porn these days.
> >

> Have you tried
> 24hoursupport.helpdesk ?
> That group covers most things computer (and internet) in general.
>
> --
> \\// Robert

Thanks, Robert

.BRIAN.

Cal Smith wrote:

> Thanks.
>
> This is a test. In Outlook Express, I just changed the Email Address and
> Return Address fields in Tools>Accounts>News>Properties

Even though this is off-topic, I'd just like to note that when munging
your email address, it's best to change the information to the *right*
of the "@", not the left. Even though you changed your portion of the
address, spammers are still harvesting and using it, and now they are
just hitting your ISPs server with stupid email address that don't
exist. Therefore you should consider changing the "@tconl.com" portion
to something that doesn't resolve, instead of your portion of the address.

Also, email harvesters are pretty good with demunging your address. So
you should also consider inserting text without adding any addition "dots".

Perhaps (E-Mail Removed) or something to that
effect would be better. And then be sure to add "take out
WHYDOIHAVETODOTHIS to reply". I personally remove my address all
together, and use a graphic on a webpage (located in my sig). However
you really need to scramble the text or blur it better than mine is, as
graphics can still be "read" if they are simple enough.

--
Brian

Email Info -
http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

Alvaro G. Vicario

*** .BRIAN. escribió/wrote (Tue, 10 Aug 2004 20:04:30 -0400):
> Even though this is off-topic, I'd just like to note that when munging
> your email address, it's best to change the information to the *right*
> of the "@", not the left.

Unluckily, some news servers (such us individual.net) require that your
e-mail address belongs to a valid domain.

-+ Álvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain - ICQ 46788716
+- http://www.demogracia.com (la web de humor para mayores de 100 años)
++ «Sonríe, que te vamos a hacer una foto para la esquela»

.BRIAN.

Alvaro G. Vicario wrote:

> *** .BRIAN. escribió/wrote (Tue, 10 Aug 2004 20:04:30 -0400):
>
>>Even though this is off-topic, I'd just like to note that when munging
>>your email address, it's best to change the information to the *right*
>>of the "@", not the left.

> Unluckily, some news servers (such us individual.net) require that your
> e-mail address belongs to a valid domain.

Then you just go open up a disposable address i.e. hotmail.