Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Display DIV over APPLET

Display DIV over APPLET

SPG

Hi,

We have an app that uses a page to either load a full page applet, or some
html based on some params.

There are events trapped for rigth click actions that show a DIV with some
menu options. Works fine with the HTML...

But, of course, by default the Applet seems to take precedence over any DIV
etc on top.

I already feed the events back from the applet back through to the HTML via
javascript, what I need to do is display the div over the applet so that
thet user knows no different...

Can this be done?

Steve

PS: I tried using a simple JAVA popup menu, but due to the way our applet
works, this appears to freeze the IE browser (We take events into the Applet
from the JAVASCRIPT, and that event seems to freeze IE with 100% CPU if a
menu is displayed!)

Martin Honnen

SPG wrote:

> I already feed the events back from the applet back through to the HTML via
> javascript, what I need to do is display the div over the applet so that
> thet user knows no different...

In some browsers it might work to put an iframe over an applet but you
can't rely on that, there are lots of different implementations and
content like plugins or applets are usually implemented as windowed
controls which are drawn on top of normal HTML elements. Some browsers
implement iframes as windowed cotnrols too and furthermore allow then to
use CSS to stack the windowed controls as needed but some do not allow that.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

SPG

"Martin Honnen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42b024d6$0$1136$(E-Mail Removed)-online.net...

> SPG wrote:
>
>> I already feed the events back from the applet back through to the HTML
>> via javascript, what I need to do is display the div over the applet so
>> that thet user knows no different...

> In some browsers it might work to put an iframe over an applet but you
> can't rely on that, there are lots of different implementations and
> content like plugins or applets are usually implemented as windowed
> controls which are drawn on top of normal HTML elements. Some browsers
> implement iframes as windowed cotnrols too and furthermore allow then to
> use CSS to stack the windowed controls as needed but some do not allow
> that.
>

> --
>
> Martin Honnen
> http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Hi Martin,

IFrame was unsuccessful (Possibly due to my lack of knowledge rather than
functionality not supported!)

We are supporting IE 5.5+ only..

Think I may be stuck!

Steve