Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > thin lines on printer (HTML)

thin lines on printer (HTML)

Iver Erling Årva

Anyone know how I can get a printer to print thin lines using html print? 1
pixel is the least on screen, but that shows up as 4points or something like
that on a laser. I would like to have that 1pixel to show up as thinner
lines when printing to a printer. Is this possible? Other programs seem to
have little problem with this...
Thanks for any help!

Iver Erling Årva

Strange how everybody else's questions are answered and how I never seem to
get answers to my questions. They're probably to silly to be taken seriously
I recon.
In the meantime I have found the answer myself. VML. Easy, free of charge
and really straight forward.

(E-Mail Removed)

"Iver Erling Årva" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i melding
news:4295cd3a$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone know how I can get a printer to print thin lines using html print?
> 1 pixel is the least on screen, but that shows up as 4points or something
> like that on a laser. I would like to have that 1pixel to show up as
> thinner lines when printing to a printer. Is this possible? Other programs
> seem to have little problem with this...
> Thanks for any help!
>
> (E-Mail Removed)

Grant Wagner

"Iver Erling Årva" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42970c24$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Strange how everybody else's questions are answered and how I never
> seem to get answers to my questions. They're probably to silly to be
> taken seriously I recon.
> In the meantime I have found the answer myself. VML. Easy, free of
> charge and really straight forward.
>
> (E-Mail Removed)
>
> "Iver Erling Årva" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i melding
> news:4295cd3a$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Anyone know how I can get a printer to print thin lines using html
>> print? 1 pixel is the least on screen, but that shows up as 4points
>> or something like that on a laser. I would like to have that 1pixel
>> to show up as thinner lines when printing to a printer. Is this
>> possible? Other programs seem to have little problem with this...
>> Thanks for any help!

Perhaps you received no answer because how a user agent prints a page
depends on the user agent, on the operating system and on the printer
driver, 3 things we can't know in your environment. The question is also
off-topic for comp.lang.javascript, since there is little that could be
done in JavaScript to change the width of "a line" (where and how these
lines appeared was never described) - and almost anything that could be
done in JavaScript to control the width of "a line" could also be done
using CSS.

Example using table borders for your definition of "a line":

table.x, table.x td {
border: 1px solid Black;
}
@media print {