Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Javascript redirect

Javascript redirect

jonathanthio@yahoo.com.sg

Hi,

I have a script called rd.js stored in http://nudelivelady.com/naked

It contains one line

this.location = "http://naked.nudelivelady.com"

Now, many websites access that script. Any website that access that
script will be redirected to http://naked.nudelivelady.com

The problem is I don't know which websites access that script. Because
when I check the webstats, the referrer is not noted due to the
redirect.

For example,

If visitors click
http://nude.nudelivelady.com/oldpage1.htm
and then click a link to http://nude.nudelivelady.com, then webstats
would recoqnize that the referring page for
http://nude.nudelivelady.com is
http://nude.nudelivelady.com/oldpage1.htm

However, if a person go to http://nude.nudelivelady.com/oldpage1.htm

and get redirected to

redirects to http://nude.nudelivelady.com

the referrer is hidden.

If I check the referrers in webstats, I wouldn't see
http://nude.nudelivelady.com/oldpage1.htm

So I don't know how many visitors to
http://nude.nudelivelady.com/index.htm come
http://nude.nudelivelady.com/oldpage1.htm

It happens that http://nude.nudelivelady.com/oldpage1.htm is in the
same domain for simplicity sake. What about if it's in a different
domain?

In other words, if I use redirect, traffics coming from
http://nude.nudelivelady.com/oldpage1.htm will not contain referrer
information as if traffics coming from a link in
http://nude.nudelivelady.com/oldpage1.htm

How should I modify rd.js so that the http://nude.nudelivelady.com
knows that the visitors came from
http://nude.nudelivelady.com/oldpage1.htm?

Also, why do the javascript in http://nude.nudelivelady.com/oldpage.htm
doesn't work? I basically try to make a link point to
http://nude.nudelivelady.com and use javascript to click on the link.