Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > DHTML onclick "flying icon" code

DHTML onclick "flying icon" code

esingley@gmail.com

Hello,

I've been googling for a half hour now trying to find some code that
does the following: When I click an icon/image, I want it to fly to a
specific location then disappear.

For example, clicking a "+" icon next to some "Add to list" text would
cause the icon to quickly float to a <table> somewhere else on the
page. I thought iht.com did this with their "clippings" functionality,
but they do what I'm looking for minus the key animation part.

Anyone seen something like this?

Thanks,

~ Eric

kaeli

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) enlightened us with...

> For example, clicking a "+" icon next to some "Add to list" text would
> cause the icon to quickly float to a <table> somewhere else on the
> page. I thought iht.com did this with their "clippings" functionality,
> but they do what I'm looking for minus the key animation part.
>
> Anyone seen something like this?

Yes. Many ads do similar things to move around and get noticed. They often
float from the top to the middle or vice versa. Basically, you move the image
many times, incrementally, to create the animated look.
Did you look over at dynamicdrive.com? I thought I saw some animated type
stuff like this over there.

~kaeli~
Once you've seen one shopping center, you've seen a mall.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Eli

1. For the animation move part you need the start and finish points
(absolute x,y coordinates).
2. Set the image position to absolute.
3. Then with a formula of motion (might be linear or parabolic or
whatever), change the x and y coordinates of the image step by step
toward the finish coordinates (of course, you need also to determine
the interval time between steps and number of steps).

Randy Webb

Eli wrote:

> 1. For the animation move part you need the start and finish points
> (absolute x,y coordinates).

False.

> 2. Set the image position to absolute.

False again.

> 3. Then with a formula of motion (might be linear or parabolic or
> whatever), change the x and y coordinates of the image step by step
> toward the finish coordinates (of course, you need also to determine
> the interval time between steps and number of steps).

Semi-true.

Had you quoted what you were replying to, it would make it easier to
explain why your answers are False.

--
Randy
Question: Why?