Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to work many peoples in a web project?

How to work many peoples in a web project?

Dexter

Hello all,
i'm developing a web project with Visual Studio.net, and now,
i need that many peoples work in a unique web project.
I have a web server with all source codes running with IIS 5.0,
and i want that all peoples use this web server.

How i can to work of this way?

Thanks

Dexter

=?Utf-8?B?U2NvdHQgU2ltb25z?=

1) Don't debug on the same server.
2) Buy sourcesafe. If this isn't an option use cvs
3) Really, don't even think of debugging all on the same server.

Source safe or cvs will manage all your code for you allowing multiple
people to work on the same project.

Karl Seguin

It'll take a lot of time and practice to get right, but consider following
this great Microsoft Pattern and Practices:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...asp?frame=true

Not as straightforward as it ought to be, but Team System ought to fix that
next year

Karl

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
http://www.openmymind.net/

"Dexter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello all,
> i'm developing a web project with Visual Studio.net, and now,
> i need that many peoples work in a unique web project.
> I have a web server with all source codes running with IIS 5.0,
> and i want that all peoples use this web server.
>
> How i can to work of this way?
>

> Thanks
>

> Dexter

Ben Strackany

I second all those points. We used to use the same server w/ Interdev, but
now we know better.

Architect your application so developers can work on their own pieces. They
can run IIS on their own machines & integrate their components/sections with
the current "stable" version of the rest of the app. You can then have a
regular integration process where everyone's latest "stable" stuff is put
together on a single server & tested thoroughly. Once it passes muster you
wrap up the whole application from that box & deploy to
QA->staging->production.

For source control, you can also look into subversion, which may be easier
to install & use on a Windows server. I found a blog on it:
http://weblogs.asp.net/nleghari/arti...ubversion.aspx

--
Ben Strackany
www.developmentnow.com