Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Mini - javascript library with small footprint

Mini - javascript library with small footprint

Tim Morgan

Announcing version 0.1 of Mini - the JavaScript library with a small
footprint.

http://timmorgan.org/wiki/Mini

I'm attempting to create a client-side JavaScript library that's small
yet useful. I'd love to get some feedback (and perhaps help) from you
guys.

Mini is released under an MIT license.

At the moment, Mini includes components for doing simple Ajax
communication and form validation. I can see many more components
coming in the near future.

Granted, there are bazillions of JavaScript libraries/APIs out there
screaming for our attention, and even in the age of (mostly)
standards-compliant browsers, using the DOM raw is almost fun, but I
still believe there are enough situations where browser
incompatibilities and the need for re-use of components is big enough
that a lightweight library is useful.

Furthermore, I'm getting tired of all the libraries out there that:

1. Think I write entire pages from JavaScript.
I don't use JavaScript to write HTML, thank you.

2. Are well over 30KB, even if you only need one small part.

3. Aren't free (I mean as in speech *and* beer)

Again, I'd love to get your feedback and help, if you're interested.