Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Detect CTRL + V

Detect CTRL + V

leodippolito@gmail.com

Hello,

How can I detect the press of CTRL + V in an input of type text?

TIA,

Leonardo

Martin Honnen

> How can I detect the press of CTRL + V in an input of type text?

IE/Win has
<input onpaste
onbeforepaste
see
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/events/onpaste.asp>
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/events/onbeforepaste.asp>

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Stewart Gordon

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How can I detect the press of CTRL + V in an input of type text?

Why do you want to detect all pressings of this key combination,
regardless of what it's assigned to do on the user's browser/OS combination?

It doubt it's possible, but still....

Stewart.

the 'group where everyone may benefit.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Stewart Gordon wrote:

> --
> My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox. Please
> keep replies on the 'group where everyone may benefit.

I like that. However, sometimes private communication is better (as would
apply for this posting, q.e.d.), so you should include your primary mailbox
in the Reply-To header. From my now four years of regular Usenet
experience, it is highly unlikely that spambots will access that header.

PointedEars

Dr John Stockton

JRS: In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, dated Sun, 15 May
2005 18:07:03, seen in news:comp.lang.javascript, Thomas 'PointedEars'
Lahn <(E-Mail Removed)> posted :
>Stewart Gordon wrote:
>
>> --
>> My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox. Please
>> keep replies on the 'group where everyone may benefit.

>I like that. However, sometimes private communication is better (as would
>apply for this posting, q.e.d.), so you should include your primary mailbox
>in the Reply-To header. From my now four years of regular Usenet
>experience, it is highly unlikely that spambots will access that header.

Your experience is limited; your advice misleading; your maturity long-
awaited; your naivety impressive.

One does not really care whether spambots will access that header; one
cares about whether spam will be sent to an address given to the world
only in Usenet Reply-To headers.

Usenet Reply-To headers get in News article sets in personal computers
(however, in Turnpike they are encrypted); if used for replies, or if
saved as potentially useful, or if otherwise stored, they can be picked
up by malware and used for sending spam and virus mail. And I can
assure you that this can happen within a day or two; the French have
demonstrated this recently.

One should not present in News any E-address that one wants to use in
perpetuity - and one should present only addresses that one is entitled
to present.

In this 60th anniversary year - indeed, in this anniversary month, would
it not have been well for you to eschew the attitudes of your presumed
predecessors?

--
John Stockton, Surrey, UK. ?@merlyn.demon.co.uk Turnpike v4.00 MIME

The richtextbox not receiving the keys such Ctrl+A, Ctrl+O when typedon it when hosted on web page Gouri.Mahajan7@gmail.com ASP .Net 0 07-11-2008 05:27 AM
Disabling the shortcuts such as Ctrl+A, Ctrl+B.... using Javascript Gouri.Mahajan7@gmail.com ASP .Net 2 07-10-2008 08:15 AM
How to intercept Ctrl key - eg Ctrl E being pressed on Java console program Angus Java 5 11-18-2006 04:19 PM
Implement Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V Danny C++ 5 08-15-2003 03:04 AM
Implement Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V Danny C Programming 5 08-15-2003 03:04 AM

Advertisments