Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Problems with reloading a frame

Problems with reloading a frame

ROBT NISHIDA

Hello,

I have a frameset page with 4 frames. There is a form in frame[3] that
contains text input boxes. I have image buttons in some of the other frames
that invoke javascript functions within frame[3]. One of the functions
validates the data entered in the text boxes. Once the data is validated, I
change the webpage content of the page in frame[3]. I get rid of the text
input boxes by deleting the input elements and inserting text elements. It
still shows the data that was entered by the user, but it is information
only, the user cannot modify the data.

After some additional input from the user, I need the page in frame[3] to
reload the original content so additional data can be entered. I have been
able to refresh what appears in the frame window fine (by using the reload
method), but when my functions try to then access the window content, they
all seem to be referencing the modified old page, not the new content that
is in frame[3]. I know it must be some really simple that I am not doing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kd dolezal

enrique

I think reload is your culprit.