Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > ASP NET Object - how to get network resources

ASP NET Object - how to get network resources

alojzy b

I have problem with network object. When I try to get network
resources (for example using metod MapNetworkDrive) I get message that
"there is no permission..." But user, browsing my web service, has a
permission to this network resource.
This is because of loging to this network resource as IIS service
running user.

How to get any network resource loging as a user who browse a web
service?

Thank You for help.

Dietmar Meier

alojzy b wrote:

> I have problem with network object. When I try to get network
> resources (for example using metod MapNetworkDrive) I get message that
> "there is no permission..." But user, browsing my web service, has a
> permission to this network resource.
> This is because of loging to this network resource as IIS service
> running user.
>
> How to get any network resource loging as a user who browse a web
> service?

This has nothing to do with JavaScript, but with managing IIS/ASP
security. Maybe [1] will give you enough information to solve this.
For details and further information you may find better answers in
an ASP specific group, especially in the news:microsoft.* hierarchy.

[1] http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...ecurity(1).doc

ciao, dhgm