Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > How to retreive URLs from XML data island for display in HTML table

How to retreive URLs from XML data island for display in HTML table

jlynker@gmail.com

Can href= value be filled in by a datafld variable?

After reviewing the link object, data islands and anchors array,
there's something missing here. I would like to keep an XML file of
URLs and have them display as links in a table on an HTML page.

Ah...but they have to look and behave like links!

I'd be ok with faking them to look like links and responding to a
mouseclick if I could figure out how to pass the table row into the
script.

Thanks in advance,
John Lynker

Martin Honnen

> Can href= value be filled in by a datafld variable?
>
> After reviewing the link object, data islands and anchors array,
> there's something missing here. I would like to keep an XML file of
> URLs and have them display as links in a table on an HTML page.

I don't think you can bind to attributes.
Of course what you can do is use XML as the data store for your links
and use other means than data binding to create a HTML table, for
instance DOM scripting. That would work in a lot of more browsers that
XML data islands with data binding work with as that is IE/Win specific.
Or if you are looking at an IE solution which transforms your XML data
into properly structured HTML with real links you could use XSLT to
perform that transformation.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/