Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Collecting points

Collecting points

Olav Noksagt

Hi there
I don't know anything about javascript, but i'm looking for a system to
collect points.

I would like to make some pages, where people can get a question like:
"what's 4 + 4" and then click on "6", "8" or "10".
If "6" or "10" is clicked, the javascript should add "-1" to a hidden total,
but if "8" is clicked, "+1" is added to the total, and they would be
transferred to a page with "good" or "bad" - "you now have xx points".

At the end all the points are shown...

Does anyone know some scripts that can do this?
I don't know if javascript or php/asp would be the answer...

Thanks,
Olav

kaeli

In article <BE6EE91D.12794%(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) enlightened us with...

> I would like to make some pages, where people can get a question like:
> "what's 4 + 4" and then click on "6", "8" or "10".
> If "6" or "10" is clicked, the javascript should add "-1" to a hidden total,
> but if "8" is clicked, "+1" is added to the total, and they would be
> transferred to a page with "good" or "bad" - "you now have xx points".
>
> At the end all the points are shown...
>
> Does anyone know some scripts that can do this?
> I don't know if javascript or php/asp would be the answer...

I personally would use ASP or PHP for something like this.
Too easy to hack client-side code.

It could be done with javascript if it's just a fun little thing, but keep in
mind that javascript doesn't have session variables that last from page to
page unless you store it in a cookie or put it in the URL or such. So if you
do it with javascript, the easiest way is to keep it all on one page (no
submit to server).

~kaeli~
The more ridiculous a belief system, the higher probability
of its success.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace