Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > IE clipping rectangle differently than Mozilla

IE clipping rectangle differently than Mozilla

tshad

I am using a slidemenu program that I download and seem to have a problem
with IE when sliding down.

I have 2 containers (div) on top of each other and the menu slides out from
behind the other. The problem is that in IE the position is completely
different from Mozilla.

I have a sample program in
http://www.payrollworkshop.com/samples/slideDemo.htm.

If you run the program in IE and Mozilla, it is apparent what the problem
is. IE puts the menu way over to the right from where Mozilla puts it and
it cuts off the right half of the menu (clips it).

The program is using the following to define the 2 containers.

#menu1Container { visibility:hidden; left:470px; top:12px; overflow:hidden;
z-index:10000; }#menu1Container,
#menu1Content { position:absolute; width:190px; height:300px; clip:rect(0px
190px 300px 0px); }

I realize that there is more to the objects, but is there anything apparent
that IE would handle differently than Mozilla?

What would cause IE to put the containers way over to the left from Mozilla
and why would it clip the right half of the the rectangle?

Thanks

Tom

c.anandkumar@gmail.com

> The program is using the following to define the 2 containers.
>
> #menu1Container { visibility:hidden; left:470px; top:12px;

overflow:hidden;
> z-index:10000; }#menu1Container,
> #menu1Content { position:absolute; width:190px; height:300px;

clip:rect(0px
> 190px 300px 0px); }
>
> I realize that there is more to the objects, but is there anything

apparent
> that IE would handle differently than Mozilla?

In mozilla, clip should be specified as rect(top, left, bottom, right),
where right and bottom are the distances from the left and upper edges.

also you should specify the unit in mozilla (px) unlike IE which can
live without it.

thanks

anand