Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > JS calling COM method

JS calling COM method

rottyguy70@yahoo.com

Hello, we have some JS code calling an asynchronous COM method on a PC.
The JS passes in an object with callbacks that are to be made when the
COM method is complete. When the COM method is done and tries to call
back on this object, it receives a COM error translated to "Can't
execute code from a freed script". I thought that by ref'in the
incoming callback object supplied from JS, COM would force the script
to remain resident until it was released? Is this an incorrect
assumption? If so, what is the correct way to approach this?

Thanks!