Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Horizontal scrolling

Horizontal scrolling

Just D.

Does anybody know how to disable the horizontal scrolling on ASPX form? What
JAVA script should be used for that? The standard methods don't help and I'm
looking for some JAVA function to fire it onscroll event to scroll the page
back. Actually it's a bug of ASPX pages, we can disable the vertical
scrolling but horizontal scrolling works if we try it with the touchpad. The
only one possible solution I see is to use JAVA scripting.

Just D.

frizzle

It could be that this is not the case here, but it's easy to check:

Asuming you're using DreamWeaver:
Dreamweaver always inserts one or two lines in your pages before
the <html> tag. Delete those lines, and the problem could be solved...

Just D.

Actually not. I can scroll any page (aspx, html, ...) in a horizontal
direction using my touch pad. It's not configurable using a standard way and
I decided to use a JAVA script that should be executed onscroll() event of
the form. The question was how to scroll the page back to the initial
position in a horizontal direction using JAVA script.

Just D.

The idea was to use
"frizzle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> It could be that this is not the case here, but it's easy to check:
>
> Asuming you're using DreamWeaver:
> Dreamweaver always inserts one or two lines in your pages before
> the <html> tag. Delete those lines, and the problem could be solved...

DIV Horizontal Scrolling Very Slow =?Utf-8?B?RWR1YXJk?= ASP .Net 2 01-25-2006 08:16 PM
auto scrolling horizontal scroll bar ray well ASP .Net 2 04-05-2005 04:00 PM
Disable horizontal scrolling Just D. ASP .Net 2 02-17-2005 08:25 PM
Horizontal Scrolling Just D. ASP .Net 0 02-14-2005 07:36 AM
Scrolling Behaviour with Vertical and Horizontal Frames Matt Rapoport HTML 3 10-08-2004 07:21 AM

Advertisments