Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Spying the user

Spying the user

optimistx

I am designing a page, where the user can see, which information can be
gathered from him/her, when visiting the page. The purpose of the page
is to let even inexperienced users know as correctly and realistically
as possible, what any javascript program can find out and what it cannot
without explicit permissions from him/her.
Hidden images (1by1pixel images), screen properties, browser
identification string, cookie contents (i.e time of last visit), where
and when the user has clicked the mouse, where the mouse has moved and
when. Keys striked, when. Referrer (which page was looked before coming
here).
There might be already such a page in existence. Do you know? If not,
any ideas how to get a rather reliable and complete list?
I try to make some pages, which follow user activity. I intend to state
very clearly, that it is being done and refer to the example page. In
order not frighten away everyone I need to to give reliable information
about the situation. E.g. the javascript code is openly visible for
them, without obfuscation.