Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Identify which page is loaded in main frame of a frameset

Identify which page is loaded in main frame of a frameset

Andrew K

Hi,
I am trying to set up a web site using a frameset. There is a
frame on the right-hand side for the menu (menuFrame), a header frame
(headFrame) and the main frame (mainFrame) which displays all the
pages selected from the links in menuFrame.

I need to know how to identify which page, from the selection in
menuFrame, is loaded in mainFrame.

kaeli

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) enlightened us with...

> I need to know how to identify which page, from the selection in
> menuFrame, is loaded in mainFrame.

Try
var loc = top.frames['mainFrameName'].document.location.href;

~kaeli~
"No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take
it too seriously."
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace