Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Seek editable table chrome

Seek editable table chrome

gimme_this_gimme_that@yahoo.com

This isn't a javascript question ...

On the other hand, there are a lot of people on this newsgroup who seem
to know a lot about building nice user interfaces.

Anyway, I'd like to add chrome to my tables ...

Something like the silver that appears at

http://spaces.msn.com/members/BCR

Where it says "Photo album" and "Blog" .

I tried saving a page from spaces.msn.com and found the task of using
their images and DHTML
and using that an impossible task.

Might someone be able to point me to a shareware page having similar
chrome?

Thanks.

David Dorward

> This isn't a javascript question ...
>
> On the other hand, there are a lot of people on this newsgroup who seem
> to know a lot about building nice user interfaces.

.... and there are similar people over in
comp.infomationsystems.www.authoring.stylesheets where this would be
on-topic.

> Anyway, I'd like to add chrome to my tables ...
> Something like the silver that appears at
> http://spaces.msn.com/members/BCR

Eugh. http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Tableless_layouts

http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=RoundedCorners shows more reasonable
ways to achieve the effect.

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

Zifud

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> This isn't a javascript question ...

Duh

[...]
> Anyway, I'd like to add chrome to my tables ...
>
> Something like the silver that appears at

Then steal their stylesheet(s)

comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets is that-a-way ----->

--
Zif

Jeff North

On 21 Feb 2005 22:02:54 -0800, in comp.lang.javascript
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>| This isn't a javascript question ...
>|
>| On the other hand, there are a lot of people on this newsgroup who seem
>| to know a lot about building nice user interfaces.
>|
>| Anyway, I'd like to add chrome to my tables ...
>|
>| Something like the silver that appears at
>|
>| http://spaces.msn.com/members/BCR
>|
>| Where it says "Photo album" and "Blog" .
>|
>| I tried saving a page from spaces.msn.com and found the task of using
>| their images and DHTML
>| and using that an impossible task.
>|
>| Might someone be able to point me to a shareware page having similar
>| chrome?
>|
>| Thanks.

I've created the same as the above except the first item is within a
table and the second is using CSS. Both have there strengths and
weaknesses, it just depends upon your expertise.

http://jjnau.netfirms.com/chrome/chrome.htm

(E-Mail Removed) : Remove your pants to reply

gimme_this_gimme_that@yahoo.com

Wow!

Thanks Jeff. That is exactly what I needed!

Thanks for the urls everyone else too.

Re: Table in a DIV for Chrome MG HTML 1 07-16-2010 05:49 PM
Pb with Chrome table-layout always fixed CS ADNT ASP .Net 0 09-17-2009 01:54 PM
Google Chrome OS, Odds are stacked against Chrome OS's success Max Burke NZ Computing 1 07-11-2009 04:38 AM