Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Problems passing multiple variables with javaScript

Problems passing multiple variables with javaScript

brianwmunz@gmail.com

Hi, I'm having a problem passing a variable through a URL because the
variable is supposed to hold a URL that has a variable of its own.
Here is an idea of what I'm trying to do:
href="javascript:
newWin('/vcrc/exitvcrc.jhtml&newURL=http://www.something.net/default.asp?sponID=ETC','NowLeaving','420',
'200', 'no', 'auto','no');"
So, pretty much, the page I'm sending the variable to think there's two
variables (newURL and sponID), but sponID is part of the URL.
I'm hoping this is an easy question.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Brian Munz

brianwmunz@gmail.com

Actually, the correct URL is
href="javascript:newWin('/vcrc/exitvcrc.jhtml?newURL=http://www.something.net/default.asp?sponID=ETC','NowLeaving','420',
'200', 'no', 'auto','no');"

Randy Webb

http://jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ4_24

> So, pretty much, the page I'm sending the variable to think there's two
> variables (newURL and sponID), but sponID is part of the URL.

Escape the ?, the = sign or have the exitvcrc.jhtml page do a re-direct
to the appropriate destination and change the way you pass the variables.

--
Randy