Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Alert - Align right

Alert - Align right

Stuart Palmer

Hi everyone,
I am doing a page for an Israeli customer and doing a form validator
with a javascript alert popup for errors listing the fields missed, line by
line.

When this pops up the text is aligned to the left left, however in
Israel, Hebrew text is right and read right to left, so should be aligned
right.

Is there a way to do this? Can someone supply me the code if it is
doable? Perhaps with style sheets or similar? Is it browser version
dependant? IE it should work for Israeli clients?

Many thx
Stu

Martin Honnen

Stuart Palmer wrote:

> I am doing a page for an Israeli customer and doing a form validator
> with a javascript alert popup for errors listing the fields missed, line by
> line.
>
> When this pops up the text is aligned to the left left, however in
> Israel, Hebrew text is right and read right to left, so should be aligned
> right.
>
> Is there a way to do this? Can someone supply me the code if it is
> doable? Perhaps with style sheets or similar? Is it browser version
> dependant? IE it should work for Israeli clients?

At least with MSIE/Win you could use
showModalDialog('dialog.html')
instead of alert and then in dialog.html make sure you use the HTML
techniques (lang, dir) so that the Hebrew text is displayed properly.
Documentation for showModalDialog is here:
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/methods/showmodaldialog.asp>

I don't know if any browser displays alert or prompt or confirm
differently depending on the lang/dir settings for the HTML page the
dialogs are called from.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

How to right-align a Pager on the right side? Bogdan ASP .Net 1 06-16-2009 05:45 PM
align alert() to the right neoswf Javascript 8 01-29-2006 08:38 PM
text-align vs align tshad HTML 1 06-23-2005 10:29 PM
Align javascript alert message to right AND / OR make the direction as RIGHT-TO-LEFT Oran Javascript 2 12-03-2004 04:34 PM
how to Align text left & vertical align middle Kay ASP .Net 2 07-25-2003 08:32 AM

Advertisments