Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > generic code to sort tables ?

generic code to sort tables ?

Mel

i need to sort my table based on a "header click".

is there a generic code out there that does that for me, or i have to write
one for each and every table i come up with ?

many thanks for your input

Mick White

Mel wrote:
> i need to sort my table based on a "header click".
>
> is there a generic code out there that does that for me, or i have to write
> one for each and every table i come up with ?
>
> many thanks for your input

There is generic code to a degree, but the sorting routine may have to
be custom made.

http://www.mickweb.com/football/aleague/profiles.html

The sort table function receives a sort function as an argument.

See if this is what you're after and, if so, I'd be happy to help you.

Mick

RobB

Mel wrote:
> i need to sort my table based on a "header click".
>
> is there a generic code out there that does that for me, or i have to

write
> one for each and every table i come up with ?
>
> many thanks for your input

Not sure how 'generic' this is, but it comes with a nice tutorial.

http://www.brainjar.com/dhtml/tablesort/

whiteinge@gmail.com

Also not sure about 'generic' but here's another link with a nice
description and it's unobtrusive javascript to boot!

http://www.kryogenix.org/code/browser/sorttable/

- whiteinge