Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > How to open a site without clicking on a link for it?

How to open a site without clicking on a link for it?

Net

Hi,

In my web page instead of the users clicking on a link to another site
I want that site be shown on the same page. Can any one help with this
example. I tried iframe but it also shows a link.

iframe.html
-----------
<iframe name="ShowSite"
src="site.html"
width="500"
height="300">

site.html
--------

Thanks in advance,

Lee

Net said:

>Hi,
>
>In my web page instead of the users clicking on a link to another site
>I want that site be shown on the same page. Can any one help with this
>example. I tried iframe but it also shows a link.

What do you mean by "it also shows a link"?

David Dorward

Net wrote:

> <iframe name="ShowSite"
> src="site.html"
> width="500"
> height="300">

That markup is invalid. Try running your pages through basic syntactic
testing before wondering why something doesn't work.

http;//validator.w3.org/

You should also note that displaying third party websites in an iframe can
get you into legal hot water.

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

pjryanSpamless@gmail.com

I'm not clear on exactly what you're trying to do but based on my
understanding:

an iFrame should work. But your code has the iframe pointing to your
own page (site.html) which contains a link (and will therefore display
it). So why not just point your iframe directly to the page?

<iframe name="ShowSite"
src="http://www.site.com/"
width="500"
height="300">

Net

Hi,

Thanks alot I was looking for that syntax.

Right now that site shows in a box outline. Is there a way to make
that outline invisible.

Thank in advance,