Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Help - suddenly lost bookmarks

Help - suddenly lost bookmarks

tenplay

My 300 or so bookmarks are suddenly gone. I was reading my email and
switched over to Navigator to look at some of my bookmarked websites.
What could have happened? Is there a way to restore the bookmarks? It
must be a serious glitch in Mozilla 1.7. Thanks for any advice/suggestions.

Quivis

says...

> My 300 or so bookmarks are suddenly gone. I was reading my email and
> switched over to Navigator to look at some of my bookmarked websites.
> What could have happened? Is there a way to restore the bookmarks? It
> must be a serious glitch in Mozilla 1.7. Thanks for any advice/suggestions.

You could try searching for "bookmarks.html" on your drive, open the
largest one you find (drop it onto the Mozilla browser window) and see
if it contains what you're looking for. If it does, copy/move it to the
settings directory and restart Mozilla.

E.g. on XP, it's something like:
C:\Documents and Settings\<your_login_name>\Application Data\Mozilla
\Profiles\default\<some_random_characters>.slt\boo kmarks.html

HTH

Q.

Can faronics Deep Freeze protect my PC, if power is lost suddenly ? nunkashta1 Software 2 04-25-2012 04:53 AM
Suddenly Lost Mozilla Bookmarks and History Hurricane1000 Computer Information 1 01-27-2006 10:17 AM
Lost my bookmarks in FF Brian Firefox 0 08-31-2004 12:23 AM
mozilla bookmarks occasionally lost Mike Henley Firefox 3 07-27-2004 10:06 PM
Lost all my settings, bookmarks... Matt O'Toole Firefox 12 11-27-2003 06:56 PM

Advertisments