Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Detect Adobe Plugin In all Browsers

Detect Adobe Plugin In all Browsers

DBLWizard

Hello,

I am trying to find code that will detect if a browser as the Adobe or
any PDF plugin. I am writing a subscription only site that needs
access to view "pages" in a book that could have as many as 3000 pages
in it. To do this I am using 2 frames one that contains controls to be
able to navigate between pages and the other to display the "streamed"
pdf file.

Does anybody know a script that will do this for all browsers?
Thanks

David

Grant Wagner

"DBLWizard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to find code that will detect if a browser as the Adobe or
> any PDF plugin. I am writing a subscription only site that needs
> access to view "pages" in a book that could have as many as 3000 pages
> in it. To do this I am using 2 frames one that contains controls to

be
> able to navigate between pages and the other to display the "streamed"
> pdf file.
>
> Does anybody know a script that will do this for all browsers?
> Thanks

A Google search of <url:
http://www.google.ca/search?q=javasc...+plugin+detect />
found a number of things.

The first couple seem particularly promising. I'm not endorsing the
scripts you find, nor is it likely you'll find a script that does it for
"all browsers" since a number of browsers don't support plug-ins at all,
and some that do don't support JavaScript, or JavaScript could be
disabled, resulting in your inability to dynamically detect anything.

--
Grant Wagner <(E-Mail Removed)>