Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Check mouse status?

Check mouse status?

pleary@mbl.edu

I just posted a message about getting a function to loop while the
mouse button is pressed down, and having the function stop when the
mouse button is released. This problem could be solved if, with
JavaScript, or any other client-side language that can be embedded in
HTML, I could check the status of the mouse button.

JavaScript can fire a function when an event happens, but could I
simply check the status of the mouse button whenever I want?
If anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it.