Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Validation on server and workstation

Validation on server and workstation

rcb845@yahoo.fr

Yes, I fully agree that validations MUST be done on the server, where
you can control everything. It is nevertheless very handy to have some
done on the client side, avoiding user to bypass any field.

My problem is that most of the fields I must validate, must be compared
with data residing in MySql database on the server. I must compare with
list of values, existence of different data and ....so on.

The validation rules are defined on the server with all necessary data
to perform a full and thorough validation.

I would like to be able to access/download/??? some of the data I have
on the server, to be used to validate my fields on the client workstation
using Javascript. If it is possible, I do not need to duplicate my validations
rules and data from the server to my Javascript validation script.

Tks for your response and best regards
RCB845