Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Is it possible to Add CheckBoxes within Select lists?

Is it possible to Add CheckBoxes within Select lists?

Toboja

Hello,
I have two select lists: Available Sort Options and Selected Sort
Options.
The user clicks on any of the available sort options and can move them
to the selected sort options box. I use the typical MoveOption
javascript functions to achieve this.
I need to enable the user to also decide whether they want to also
subtotal using any of the options in the selected sort box. I thought
that it would be nice to be able to add a checkbox in front of the
value in the selected options box that the user can check to indicate
that they also want to subtotal with this option.

Does anyone out there know if it is it possible to add checkboxes as
part of an option within select lists?

Thank you very much,
Toboja

Toboja

I think I have found my answer: - which is NO.
Thanks to all who might have been considering replying!
Toboja

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...4ae9c5ce61e26a

Toboja wrote:
> Hello,
> I have two select lists: Available Sort Options and Selected Sort
> Options.
> The user clicks on any of the available sort options and can move

them
> to the selected sort options box. I use the typical MoveOption
> javascript functions to achieve this.
> I need to enable the user to also decide whether they want to also
> subtotal using any of the options in the selected sort box. I thought
> that it would be nice to be able to add a checkbox in front of the
> value in the selected options box that the user can check to indicate
> that they also want to subtotal with this option.
>
> Does anyone out there know if it is it possible to add checkboxes as
> part of an option within select lists?
>
> Thank you very much,
> Toboja

McKirahan

"Toboja" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I think I have found my answer: - which is NO.
> Thanks to all who might have been considering replying!
> Toboja

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...ring.html/brow
se_frm/thread/1a6d3037249bff94/354ae9c5ce61e26a?q=select+lists+checkboxes&_d
one=%2Fgroups%3Fq%3Dselect+lists+checkboxes%26&_do neTitle=Back+to+Search&&d#
354ae9c5ce61e26a

> Toboja wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I have two select lists: Available Sort Options and Selected Sort
> > Options.
> > The user clicks on any of the available sort options and can move

> them
> > to the selected sort options box. I use the typical MoveOption
> > javascript functions to achieve this.
> > I need to enable the user to also decide whether they want to also
> > subtotal using any of the options in the selected sort box. I thought
> > that it would be nice to be able to add a checkbox in front of the
> > value in the selected options box that the user can check to indicate
> > that they also want to subtotal with this option.
> >
> > Does anyone out there know if it is it possible to add checkboxes as
> > part of an option within select lists?
> >
> > Thank you very much,
> > Toboja

Perhaps if you rethink the problem...

How about adding a third select list called "Subtotal Sort Options":

Available Sort Options
Selected Sort Options
Subtotal Sort Options

The user would then click from the Selected Sort Options which would be
copied to the Subtotal Sort Options list.

Toboja

Thanks very much for replying. I had thought of the option to have
third select list and am glad that option is there. I was just secretly
hoping that it would be possible to add the checkboxes !
Thanks again.
Toboja