Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Rich Text Editing

Rich Text Editing

Martin Honnen

Börni wrote:

> I know that you can turn on the so called design mode for textareas in
> internet explorer. But it seems like mozilla can only turn it on for
> iframes.
> Basically i just want to know if someone knows a way to turn the design
> mode on for a textarea in mozilla.

A <textarea> is a plain text textarea and not a rich text textarea,
whatever you do with design mode.
With IE 5.5 and 6 on Windows you can use the HTML attribute extension
contenteditable="true"
for abritrary HTML elements (like <div> or <span>) and then the user can
edit HTML in those elements.
Mozilla has no support so far for contenteditable.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Börni

Hi,
I know that you can turn on the so called design mode for textareas in
internet explorer. But it seems like mozilla can only turn it on for
iframes.
Basically i just want to know if someone knows a way to turn the design
mode on for a textarea in mozilla.

Greetings

Firefox - Rich Text Editing: Cannot do a text bold...? deostroll Javascript 1 01-11-2008 09:49 PM
rich text editing mel Javascript 3 08-24-2007 01:46 PM
cancelling keydown event in designmode(rich text editing) in firefox pvsundarram@gmail.com Javascript 7 05-03-2007 07:25 AM
Rich Text Editing, designMode, and Javascript (again) Erik ASP .Net 3 10-05-2006 09:44 PM
Hotmail Rich Text Editing rick.huby@e-connected.com Java 3 04-01-2005 03:40 PM

Advertisments