Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: [SI] New mandate needed

Re: [SI] New mandate needed

Robert Coe

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 20:31:59 -0400, Bowser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 17:02:56 -0400, Alan Browne
: <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:
: >
: >ideas? Please post here for the committee to consider.
:
: Taxis
: On the Road
: Album Cover
: Man's man

Taxis?? Where in our area are there any interesting taxis?

Occasionally one sees a slightly interesting bus. But one hardly ever has a
camera in one's hand on such an occasion.

Bob

David J Taylor

> : >ideas? Please post here for the committee to consider.

Rain.

Robert Coe

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 17:19:30 -0400, Alan Browne
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: On 2012-03-23 14:48 , Robert Coe wrote:
: > On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 20:31:59 -0400, Bowser<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: > : On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 17:02:56 -0400, Alan Browne
: > :<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: > :
: > :>
: > :>ideas? Please post here for the committee to consider.
: > :
: > : Taxis
: > : On the Road
: > : Album Cover
: > : Man's man
: >
: > Taxis?? Where in our area are there any interesting taxis?
: >
: > Occasionally one sees a slightly interesting bus. But one hardly ever has
: > a camera in one's hand on such an occasion.
:
: Instead of harping on his suggestions, what are yours?

Alan, if I've said something to offend you, I apologize. I really don't know
what it was, but this was only one of several snide or hostile comments you've
directed at me recently.

As for my response to Bowser, he and I live in the same metropolitan area,
where the taxis are as boring as they are anywhere. (A few years ago, the
mayor of Boston made a campaign promise to demand that all taxis in the city
be the same color - white.) I'm confident that Bowser recognizes this and took
my attempt at humor in the spirit in which it was intended.

Bob

tony cooper

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 10:32:38 -0400, Alan Browne
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 2012-03-23 23:14 , Robert Coe wrote:
>> On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 17:19:30 -0400, Alan Browne
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> : On 2012-03-23 14:48 , Robert Coe wrote:
>> :> On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 20:31:59 -0400, Bowser<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> :> : On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 17:02:56 -0400, Alan Browne
>> :> :<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> :> :
>> :> :>
>> :> :>ideas? Please post here for the committee to consider.
>> :> :
>> :> : Taxis
>> :> : On the Road
>> :> : Album Cover
>> :> : Man's man
>> :>
>> :> Taxis?? Where in our area are there any interesting taxis?
>> :>
>> :> Occasionally one sees a slightly interesting bus. But one hardly ever has
>> :> a camera in one's hand on such an occasion.
>> :
>> : Instead of harping on his suggestions, what are yours?
>>
>> Alan, if I've said something to offend you, I apologize. I really don't know
>> what it was, but this was only one of several snide or hostile comments you've
>> directed at me recently.

>I asked for mandate suggestions.
>
>Not only did you not offer any, you criticize what someone else offered.
>
>So, no need to apologize, there is a need to suggest mandates.
>

>> As for my response to Bowser, he and I live in the same metropolitan area,
>> where the taxis are as boring as they are anywhere. (A few years ago, the
>> mayor of Boston made a campaign promise to demand that all taxis in the city
>> be the same color - white.) I'm confident that Bowser recognizes this and took
>> my attempt at humor in the spirit in which it was intended.

>I really don't care.
>
>I'm trying to get ideas for a mandate. What do I get?
>
>1. Molon taking this off to some cockamamie discussion about newsgroups.
>2. Eric and others displaying their complete lack of understanding of
>image sizing and prep of an image for web display.
>3. Few of the participants proposing an idea for mandates.
>
>Really.
>
>I bear no hostility yo you or anyone, but for Christ's sake it would be
>nice if people would answer the call.

I'll throw another in the pot: Opposites...an image that contains
something that is the opposite of another part of the image.

Or, Pairs...an image that contains two things that are alike in some
aspect, but not duplicates.

Or, Play...we've done Work, so we could follow that up with play.

Or, Sound...something that visually says it makes noise.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

PeterN

On 3/23/2012 2:48 PM, Robert Coe wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 20:31:59 -0400, Bowser<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> : On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 17:02:56 -0400, Alan Browne
> :<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> :
> :>
> :>ideas? Please post here for the committee to consider.
> :
> : Taxis
> : On the Road
> : Album Cover
> : Man's man
>
> Taxis?? Where in our area are there any interesting taxis?
>
> Occasionally one sees a slightly interesting bus. But one hardly ever has a
> camera in one's hand on such an occasion.
>
> Bob

We have pedicabs in NY, some of which have very interesting looking
"drivers."

--
Peter

Andrew Reilly

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 10:38:09 -0400, tony cooper wrote:

> I'll throw another in the pot: Opposites...an image that contains
> something that is the opposite of another part of the image.
>
> Or, Pairs...an image that contains two things that are alike in some
> aspect, but not duplicates.
>
> Or, Play...we've done Work, so we could follow that up with play.
>
> Or, Sound...something that visually says it makes noise.

nice

Extending pairs to general repetitions, echoes and series.

Art and Science.

Art vs Science.

Black and white photographs of dogs (I have many of these

Constructed beauty. (something man-made or technological, rather than
naturally occurring.)

Cheers,

--
Andrew

Bruce

Robert Coe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Alan, if I've said something to offend you, I apologize. I really don't know
>what it was, but this was only one of several snide or hostile comments you've
>directed at me recently.

Join the club.

Noons

On Mar 26, 5:06*am, Alan Browne <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> On 2012-03-25 13:59 , Bruce wrote:
>
> > Robert Coe<(E-Mail Removed)> *wrote:
> >> Alan, if I've said something to offend you, I apologize. I really don't know
> >> what it was, but this was only one of several snide or hostile comments you've
> >> directed at me recently.

> > Join the club. *

> Says the king of snide, hostile pomposity!

qed...