Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Convert Wiki to HTML

Convert Wiki to HTML

Horst Lemminger

I would like to convert the raw source of a local Wiki to HTML (static
files), preferably DokuWiki.

Unfortunately I have found very few (next to none) projects for Perl
that converts simple Wiki markup to HTML. I need the REVERSE of
HTML::WikiConverter

What are my choices here ?

Anyone have done that before ?

Justin C

On 2011-11-24, Horst Lemminger <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I would like to convert the raw source of a local Wiki to HTML (static
> files), preferably DokuWiki.
>
> Unfortunately I have found very few (next to none) projects for Perl
> that converts simple Wiki markup to HTML. I need the REVERSE of
> HTML::WikiConverter
>
> What are my choices here ?
>
> Anyone have done that before ?

CPAN IYF. First hit on searching CPAN for WIKI is
Konstrukt:lugin::wiki:

DESCRIPTION

This plugin will render given wiki markup into an other format (e.g.
HTML).

Is this suitable?

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.

SSS Develop

On Nov 24, 5:23*pm, Horst Lemminger <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I would like to convert the raw source of a local Wiki to HTML (static
> files), preferably DokuWiki.
>
> Unfortunately I have found very few (next to none) projects for Perl
> that converts simple Wiki markup to HTML. I need the REVERSE of
> HTML::WikiConverter
>
> What are my choices here ?
>
> Anyone have done that before ?

If you do not want to integrate this with any tool or DocuWiki itself
- why not use LWP kind of modules to scrape/crawl the sites as html
pages. that will be quick solution and get all App into static html
page.

Cheers,

Horst Lemminger

> CPAN IYF. First hit on searching CPAN for WIKI is
> Konstrukt:lugin::wiki:

Well, looks like what I need, but I don't need a komplete web
framework. My conversion needs just to be a one-time thing, and should
ideally be run from command line.

Perhaps I just need to learn how to use Konstrukt.

Do anyone know how to include a file between the wiki tags (or expand
variables ?)

Horst Lemminger

> If you do not want to integrate this with any tool or DocuWiki itself
> - why not use LWP kind of modules to scrape/crawl the sites as html
> pages. that will be quick solution and get all App into static html
> page.

This could be my last resort, but since I would like to do the
following
* edit text in my own application (simple notepad-like edit window
- text format ideally Wiki
* files are saved as text files OR in a database backend
* now files can be compiled with a script to static HTML
* the static HTML is the "help window" for a Windows application

So I do not need a webserver for this project, unless I have to.

But as you say, I could be forced to have one.

Horst Lemminger

On Nov 25, 7:14*am, Horst Lemminger <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > CPAN IYF. First hit on searching CPAN for WIKI is
> > Konstrukt:lugin::wiki:

> Well, looks like what I need, but I don't need a komplete web
> framework. My conversion needs just to be a one-time thing, and should
> ideally be run from command line.
>
> Perhaps I just need to learn how to use Konstrukt.
>
> Do anyone know how to include a file between the wiki tags (or expand
> variables ?)

The following is the only two lines I could find about running
Konstrukt directly.. but not much of an example.. Should be able to do
variables instead of files.. ?
===
my $filehandler = Konstrukt::Handler::File->new($root, $filename);
$filehandler->handler();
===

Helmut Richter

On Thu, 24 Nov 2011, Horst Lemminger wrote:

> Well, looks like what I need, but I don't need a komplete web
> framework. My conversion needs just to be a one-time thing, and should
> ideally be run from command line.

Maybe Markdown (http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/) does what
you want. It is something that needs no preparation, just download it an
run it. It has its own Wiki-style syntax, and it depends on your Wiki
whether the syntaxes are similar enough.

--
Helmut Richter