Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Program printing all possible combinations of TCP flags

Program printing all possible combinations of TCP flags

Rainer Weikusat

Main function of this program is/was to generate a list of C string
literals used to populate an array which can be used to map the
numerical value of the flags field in a TCP header to a string
containing an uppercase letter (Fin, Syn, Rst, Psh, Ack, Urg) for each
set flag. Since it is kind-of cute an the algorithm is (IMHO) not
completely trivial/ obvious anymore, I thought I'd just post it here:

NB: This is fairly fast at the expense of possibly consuming huge
amounts of memory.

---------------
#!/usr/bin/perl

my @flags = qw(F S R P A U);

{
my @all;

push(@all, '');

for my $f (@flags) {
push(@all, map { $_.$f; } @all);
}

printf("\"%s\",\n", $_) for (@all);
}

Re: Quetion about flags of socket.recv(bufsize, [flags]) Steve Holden Python 0 02-08-2009 04:09 PM
All possible letter combinations? Teme Rosi Ruby 3 12-16-2008 12:02 AM
iterator? way of generating all possible combinations? akameswaran@gmail.com Python 16 05-31-2006 04:45 PM
all possible combinations rbt Python 36 07-28-2005 02:01 PM
How to make combinations of an array to produce all possible expressions? Erik Terpstra Ruby 9 05-17-2004 07:30 AM

Advertisments