Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > FAQ 8.35 How do I close a process's filehandle without waiting for it to complete?

FAQ 8.35 How do I close a process's filehandle without waiting for it to complete?

PerlFAQ Server

This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq8.pod, which
perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org .

8.35: How do I close a process's filehandle without waiting for it to complete?

Assuming your system supports such things, just send an appropriate
signal to the process (see "kill" in perlfunc). It's common to first
send a TERM signal, wait a little bit, and then send a KILL signal to
finish it off.

Working code is greatly appreciated.

perlfaq.pod.