Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > FAQ 4.69 How can I make the Perl equivalent of a C structure/C++ class/hash or array of hashes or arrays?

FAQ 4.69 How can I make the Perl equivalent of a C structure/C++ class/hash or array of hashes or arrays?

PerlFAQ Server

This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq4.pod, which
perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org .

4.69: How can I make the Perl equivalent of a C structure/C++ class/hash or array of hashes or arrays?

Usually a hash ref, perhaps like this:

$record = {
NAME => "Jason",
EMPNO => 132,
TITLE => "deputy peon",
AGE => 23,
SALARY => 37_000,
PALS => [ "Norbert", "Rhys", "Phineas"],
};

References are documented in perlref and perlreftut. Examples of complex
data structures are given in perldsc and perllol. Examples of structures
and object-oriented classes are in perltoot.

Working code is greatly appreciated.

perlfaq.pod.