Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > What is module "load" that "Thread::Serialize" depends on?

What is module "load" that "Thread::Serialize" depends on?

David Karr

I'm on Cygwin 1.5.25 and Perl 5.10.0.

I'm trying to install "Thread:ool" version 0.33. There are a chain of unresolved dependencies for this, and I'm stuck on one of them.

Thread:ool depends on Thread::Conveyor, which depends on Thread::Serialize, which depends on "load". That last one confuses me a bit, as I'm not used to seeing module names like that. I found a "Module::Load", but I don't think that's it.

How do I resolve that dependency on "load"?

I sometimes wish Perl builds could work somewhat like Maven, where it would just automatically download and install a module's dependencies. I'm sure that would create other messes, but it sure looks like a good thing right now.

J. Gleixner

David Karr wrote:
> I'm on Cygwin 1.5.25 and Perl 5.10.0.
>
> I'm trying to install "Thread:ool" version 0.33. There are a chain of unresolved dependencies for this, and I'm stuck on one of them.
>
> Thread:ool depends on Thread::Conveyor, which depends on Thread::Serialize, which depends on "load". That last one confuses me a bit, as I'm not used to seeing module names like that. I found a "Module::Load", but I don't think that's it.
>
> How do I resolve that dependency on "load"?

By searching for it on search.cpan.org:

http://search.cpan.org/~elizabeth/load-0.20/lib/load.pm

Download.
Install.

But, before doing that...

> I sometimes wish Perl builds could work somewhat like Maven, where it would just automatically download and install a module's dependencies. I'm sure that would create other messes, but it sure looks like a good thing right now.

Your wish came true, many, many years ago.

perldoc CPAN

Cisco router nat depends on destination IP hdu Cisco 3 01-12-2004 01:03 PM
Module depends tool Gisle Vanem Python 0 01-08-2004 04:35 PM
OT: It Really Depends... Patrick MCSE 1 08-05-2003 02:11 PM
HELP! cookie succes depends on url structure (Struts?) moo moo Java 0 07-21-2003 11:16 AM

Advertisments