Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > File::Slurp 9999.14 is released

File::Slurp 9999.14 is released

Uri Guttman

File::Slurp 9999.14 is released and on cpan. many changes and
improvements were made. it's been way too long for an update but it is
finally here. the next version will be out in a few months with some
more new features (see the TODO file). the changes are below

uri

9999.14 Sun Mar 20 16:26:47 EDT 2011
- Added LICENCE (same as perl) to POD
- Added special faster code to slurp in small text files which
is a common case
- Rewrote the extras/slurp_bench.pl script. It has a full
legend, better CLI options, size is selectable, benchmark
entries have more consistant names and it compares the new
fast slurp for small files to the general slurp code.
Thanks to Mark Friendlich
- Cleaned up pod
- Added more Synopsis examples
- Added t/error.t to actually test error conditions. Previous
error.t was renamed to error_mode.t which better reflects its
tests.
- t/error.t uses a new test driver module. this may get used by
other tests in the future.
- Fixed check for SEEK_SET and other constant subs being defined
- Added support for binmode other than :raw and binmode.t test
Thanks to Martin J. Evans, Peter Edwards, Bryce Nesbitt
- Added support for perms option in write_file and perms.t test
Thanks to Peter Corlett and Paul Miller
- Added check to the rename call in atomic mode. Tested in error.t.
Thanks to Daniel Scott Sterling
- Added POD to state that using scalar_ref or buf_ref will be faster
and save memory due to not making a copy
Thanks to Peter Edwards
- read_file in list mode keeps data tainted
Thanks to Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni
- read_file checks for an overloaded object to get the file
name.
Thanks to Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni

Uno

On 03/22/2011 09:53 PM, Uri Guttman wrote:

> File::Slurp 9999.14 is released and on cpan. many changes and
> improvements were made. it's been way too long for an update but it is
> finally here. the next version will be out in a few months with some
> more new features (see the TODO file). the changes are below
>
> uri
>
> 9999.14 Sun Mar 20 16:26:47 EDT 2011
> - Added LICENCE (same as perl) to POD
> - Added special faster code to slurp in small text files which
> is a common case
> - Rewrote the extras/slurp_bench.pl script. It has a full
> legend, better CLI options, size is selectable, benchmark
> entries have more consistant names and it compares the new
> fast slurp for small files to the general slurp code.
> Thanks to Mark Friendlich
> - Cleaned up pod
> - Added more Synopsis examples
> - Added t/error.t to actually test error conditions. Previous
> error.t was renamed to error_mode.t which better reflects its
> tests.
> - t/error.t uses a new test driver module. this may get used by
> other tests in the future.
> - Fixed check for SEEK_SET and other constant subs being defined
> - Added support for binmode other than :raw and binmode.t test
> Thanks to Martin J. Evans, Peter Edwards, Bryce Nesbitt
> - Added support for perms option in write_file and perms.t test
> Thanks to Peter Corlett and Paul Miller
> - Added check to the rename call in atomic mode. Tested in error.t.
> Thanks to Daniel Scott Sterling
> - Added POD to state that using scalar_ref or buf_ref will be faster
> and save memory due to not making a copy
> Thanks to Peter Edwards
> - read_file in list mode keeps data tainted
> Thanks to Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni
> - read_file checks for an overloaded object to get the file
> name.
> Thanks to Sébastien Aperghis-Tramoni

You keep on posting this. If you don't think this is boring then you've
never seen a bad movie.
--
Uno

Keith Keller

["Followup-To:" header set to comp.lang.perl.misc.]

On 2011-03-23, Uno <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 03/22/2011 09:53 PM, Uri Guttman wrote:
>>
>> File::Slurp 9999.14 is released and on cpan.

[snip]

> You keep on posting this. If you don't think this is boring then you've
> never seen a bad movie.

Uri's post is completely appropriate for the Perl newsgroups. If you
don't like his announcements, killfile on the Subject: ; any good
newsreader should allow you to use a regex to match any future version
of File::Slurp.

FWIW, posts about how whereis works are not appropriate for Perl
newsgroups.

--keith

--
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)-francisco.ca.us
(try just my userid to email me)

Uri Guttman

U> On 03/22/2011 09:53 PM, Uri Guttman wrote:
>>
>> File::Slurp 9999.14 is released and on cpan. many changes and
>> improvements were made. it's been way too long for an update but it is
>> finally here. the next version will be out in a few months with some
>> more new features (see the TODO file). the changes are below
>>

U> You keep on posting this. If you don't think this is boring then
U> you've never seen a bad movie.

as in where or when did i do this? you are proving yourself to be very
delusional. it was crossposted once tonight to clp.misc and
clp.modules.

uri

--
Uri Guttman ------ (E-Mail Removed) -------- http://www.sysarch.com --

ccc31807

On Mar 23, 12:24*am, Uno <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> You keep on posting this. *If you don't think this is boring then you've
> never seen a bad movie.

Uno,

This isn't a personal criticism or an ugly post, so please don't take
it that way.

There are a class of people in the world who server others, who are
productive and effective, who seek the betterment of their world, and
who sacrifice for the benefit of their fellow men. The OP is an
example of this. We should encourage these people and support their
efforts.

I don't know why you posted the above, but it's not helpful. Even if
you find it boring, even if you find it inappropriate, you shouldn't
respond negatively.

Besides which, you would probably learn something by reading through
this. You might not find it useful directly, but you might pick up
some helpful idioms.

CC.

Win XP wireless network adapter gets released and then connects ba =?Utf-8?B?cGkyMmJ5Nw==?= Wireless Networking 1 08-01-2008 08:33 PM
Battlefield 2 New Patch Released (yet Again...) Silverstrand Front Page News 4 07-20-2005 04:33 PM
*Mozilla Firefox 1.0.4 Released* Roland Firefox 4 05-13-2005 03:05 PM
Firefox 1.0.1 released Z Firefox 2 02-26-2005 04:11 AM
ANN: Anyplace Control 2.6 released Yura Goncharuk Wireless Networking 0 09-28-2004 10:13 AM

Advertisments