Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > FAQ 3.29 When I tried to run my script, I got this message. What does it mean?

FAQ 3.29 When I tried to run my script, I got this message. What does it mean?

PerlFAQ Server

This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq3.pod, which
perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org .

3.29: When I tried to run my script, I got this message. What does it mean?

A complete list of Perl's error messages and warnings with explanatory
text can be found in perldiag. You can also use the splain program
(distributed with Perl) to explain the error messages:

perl program 2>diag.out
splain [-v] [-p] diag.out

or change your program to explain the messages for you:

use diagnostics;

or

use diagnostics -verbose;

Working code is greatly appreciated.