Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > FAQ 4.76 How do I define methods for every class/object?

FAQ 4.76 How do I define methods for every class/object?

PerlFAQ Server

This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq4.pod, which
perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org .

4.76: How do I define methods for every class/object?

(contributed by Ben Morrow)

You can use the "UNIVERSAL" class (see UNIVERSAL). However, please be
very careful to consider the consequences of doing this: adding methods
to every object is very likely to have unintended consequences. If
possible, it would be better to have all your object inherit from some
common base class, or to use an object system like Moose that supports
roles.

Working code is greatly appreciated.

perlfaq.pod.