Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > FAQ 4.35 How do I find the soundex value of a string?

FAQ 4.35 How do I find the soundex value of a string?

PerlFAQ Server

This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq4.pod, which
perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org .

4.35: How do I find the soundex value of a string?

(contributed by brian d foy)

You can use the Text::Soundex module. If you want to do fuzzy or close
matching, you might also try the "String::Approx", and
"Text::Metaphone", and "Text:oubleMetaphone" modules.

Working code is greatly appreciated.

perlfaq.pod.