Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > FAQ 4.65 How can I get the unique keys from two hashes?

FAQ 4.65 How can I get the unique keys from two hashes?

PerlFAQ Server

This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq4.pod, which
perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org .

4.65: How can I get the unique keys from two hashes?

First you extract the keys from the hashes into lists, then solve the
"removing duplicates" problem described above. For example:

%seen = ();
for $element (keys(%foo), keys(%bar)) {
$seen{$element}++;
}