Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > The web serve has been locked down and is blocking the Debug verb.

The web serve has been locked down and is blocking the Debug verb.

=?Utf-8?B?UmV6YSBTb2xvdWtp?=

Hello,

I ran the Microsoft Baseline Security analyzer 1.2 on my developement
machine, then as one of the requests. Also updated the machine 1.1 Framework
with service pack 1.

Now everytime I try to run a project on debug or release mode get this
message:

"Error while trying to run the project: Unable to start debuging on the web
server. The web server has been locked down and is blocking the DEBUG verb,
which is required to enable debuging....."

Where do I unblock this on web server, haven't had luck finding this
setting, or what is the solution to this?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Reza

John M Deal

Search your machine for the URLScan.ini file and open it up. You'll see
sections and entries for what verbs to allow. Simply add DEBUG to the
allowed verbs and away you go.

Have A Better One!

John M Deal, MCP
Necessity Software

Reza Solouki wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I ran the Microsoft Baseline Security analyzer 1.2 on my developement
> machine, then as one of the requests. Also updated the machine 1.1 Framework
> with service pack 1.
>
> Now everytime I try to run a project on debug or release mode get this
> message:
>
> "Error while trying to run the project: Unable to start debuging on the web
> server. The web server has been locked down and is blocking the DEBUG verb,
> which is required to enable debuging....."
>
> Where do I unblock this on web server, haven't had luck finding this
> setting, or what is the solution to this?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help,
> Reza

=?Utf-8?B?UmV6YSBTb2xvdWtp?=

Thanks John, that seemed to solve that problem.

On the same cause now getting the message,
"Unable to start debugging on the web server. Could not start ASP.NET or ATL
Server debugging....."

I know what they are but since never had to start them manually, not sure
what to do?!
I found a service for ASP.NET, which started it but still getting the same
msg!

Thanks again for your help.

"John M Deal" wrote:

> Search your machine for the URLScan.ini file and open it up. You'll see
> sections and entries for what verbs to allow. Simply add DEBUG to the
> allowed verbs and away you go.
>
> Have A Better One!
>
> John M Deal, MCP
> Necessity Software
>
> Reza Solouki wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I ran the Microsoft Baseline Security analyzer 1.2 on my developement
> > machine, then as one of the requests. Also updated the machine 1.1 Framework
> > with service pack 1.
> >
> > Now everytime I try to run a project on debug or release mode get this
> > message:
> >
> > "Error while trying to run the project: Unable to start debuging on the web
> > server. The web server has been locked down and is blocking the DEBUG verb,
> > which is required to enable debuging....."
> >
> > Where do I unblock this on web server, haven't had luck finding this
> > setting, or what is the solution to this?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your help,
> > Reza

Ben Strackany

Google search on "the web server has been locked down" gave me a bunch of
stuff. First one seemed promising

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...gdebugverb.asp

--
Ben Strackany