Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Cannot acces my web page onwindows 2003 server.

Cannot acces my web page onwindows 2003 server.

Jensen Bredal

Hello,
I'm doing localhost developpement on a win2k3 server .
When i lunch the default page i get the following.
How do i resolve it?

many thanks in advance

Server Error in '/MultiTest' Application.
----

Access to the path "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temp orary
ASP.NET Files\multitest\fb949d37\203fe4c7" is denied.

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path
"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temp orary ASP.NET
Files\multitest\fb949d37\203fe4c7" is denied.

granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity.
ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or
Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not
impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity
impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically
IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

To grant ASP.NET write access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer,
choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the
appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the
boxes for the desired access.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path
"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temp orary ASP.NET
Files\multitest\fb949d37\203fe4c7" is denied.]
System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) +393
System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path)
+632
System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path) +195
System.Web.Compilation.PreservedAssemblyEntry.DoFi rstTimeInit(HttpContext
context)

System.Web.Compilation.PreservedAssemblyEntry.Ensu reFirstTimeInit(HttpContex
t context)

System.Web.Compilation.PreservedAssemblyEntry.GetP reservedAssemblyEntry(Http
Context context, String virtualPath, Boolean fApplicationFile)
System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemFro mPreservedCompilation()
System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemInt ernal(Boolean
fCreateIfNotFound) +148
System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemWit hNewConfigPath()
System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem() +88
System.Web.UI.ApplicationFileParser.GetCompiledApp licationType(String
inputFile, HttpContext context, ApplicationFileParser& parser)
System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.CompileApplicati on(HttpContext context)
+43
System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.Init(HttpContext context) +485
System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationIn stance(HttpContext
context) +170
System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(Http WorkerRequest wr) +414

----
Version:1.1.4322.573

Deepak

Windows 2003 is more strict with permissions. You will explicity have to
grant permissions to the ASPNET account on your application's root folder.

--
Regards,

Deepak
[I Code, therefore I am]
"Jensen Bredal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

> [...]
> System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemInt ernal(Boolean
> fCreateIfNotFound) +148
> System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemWit hNewConfigPath()
> System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem() +88
> System.Web.UI.ApplicationFileParser.GetCompiledApp licationType(String
> inputFile, HttpContext context, ApplicationFileParser& parser)
> System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.CompileApplicati on(HttpContext
> context)
> +43
> System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.Init(HttpContext context) +485
> System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationIn stance(HttpContext
> context) +170
> System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(Http WorkerRequest wr) +414

> ----
> Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573;

Jensen Bredal

> ----
> Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573;

ASP.NET
> Version:1.1.4322.573

I have done what is described on the error page with no
help.

Thanks
JB

Jensen Bredal

> grant permissions to the ASPNET account on your application's root folder.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Deepak

I have done exactly that, but it did not help.