Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox 1.0?

Firefox 1.0?

Chaos Master

Hello people.

While sending a small bug report to mozilla' Bugzilla (illegal operation on
exiting), I found some bugs that are already for 'Firefox 1.0'.

Q: Is there any beta of Firefox 1.0 floating around, or is it just a "not
ready even for a beta" version?

[]s
--
Chaos Master®, posting from Brazil. REPLY TO GROUP!
MSN: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) http://marreka.no-ip.com

Kerodo

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> ,
(E-Mail Removed)LID says...
> Hello people.
>
> While sending a small bug report to mozilla' Bugzilla (illegal operation on
> exiting), I found some bugs that are already for 'Firefox 1.0'.
>
> Q: Is there any beta of Firefox 1.0 floating around, or is it just a "not
> ready even for a beta" version?

The closest would be here...

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.o...ly/latest-0.9/

--
Kerodo

Chaos Master

Kerodo.exe executou uma operação ilegal e será fechado:

> The closest would be here...
>
> http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.o...ly/latest-0.9/

I have found that FF 1.0 is as source via CVS (?), but I am no to
programming/compiling stuff, so it's not an option. will just use the latest
nightlies (sp?) for now.

[]s
--
Chaos Master®, posting from Brazil. REPLY TO GROUP!
MSN: (E-Mail Removed) http://marreka.no-ip.com
"You touch the green wire. You get hit by 75kV.
You are electrocuted. DYWYPI? [yn]"

.BRIAN.

Chaos Master wrote:

> Hello people.
>
> While sending a small bug report to mozilla' Bugzilla (illegal operation on
> exiting), I found some bugs that are already for 'Firefox 1.0'.
>
> Q: Is there any beta of Firefox 1.0 floating around, or is it just a "not
> ready even for a beta" version?
>
> []s

That is the version the bug is scheduled to be fixed. Does version
0.9.2 not work for you? Why are you so excited to find version 1.0?
Why stop there? You'll just start looking/asking for versions 1.1, 1.2,
1.3, etc.

--
Brian

Email Info -
http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

Chaos Master

FATAL: panic at .BRIAN., line 666, address user@127.0.0.1:

> That is the version the bug is scheduled to be fixed. Does version
> 0.9.2 not work for you? Why are you so excited to find version 1.0?
> Why stop there? You'll just start looking/asking for versions 1.1, 1.2,
> 1.3, etc.

I am just curious (and yes, waiting a lot for 1.0). My FF 0.9.1+ Unstable
works .

[]s
--
Chaos Master®, posting from Brazil. REPLY TO GROUP!
MSN: (E-Mail Removed) http://marreka.no-ip.com
"You're guilty; the punishment is death for all who live."

.BRIAN.

Chaos Master wrote:

> FATAL: panic at .BRIAN., line 666, address user@127.0.0.1:
>

>>That is the version the bug is scheduled to be fixed. Does version
>>0.9.2 not work for you? Why are you so excited to find version 1.0?
>>Why stop there? You'll just start looking/asking for versions 1.1, 1.2,
>>1.3, etc.

> I am just curious (and yes, waiting a lot for 1.0). My FF 0.9.1+ Unstable
> works .
>
> []s

And so you think the next version is going to be 1.0? Keep waiting. I
don't know why you are so caught up in a version number. But hey,
whatever gets you off.

--

Chaos Master wrote:

> FATAL: panic at .BRIAN., line 666, address user@127.0.0.1:
>

>>That is the version the bug is scheduled to be fixed. Does version
>>0.9.2 not work for you? Why are you so excited to find version 1.0?
>>Why stop there? You'll just start looking/asking for versions 1.1, 1.2,
>>1.3, etc.

> I am just curious (and yes, waiting a lot for 1.0). My FF 0.9.1+ Unstable
> works .
>
> []s

And how do you know the particular nightly you are using is considered
"unstable". Where are you getting this information on the stability of
nightly builds? Please let us all know.

--
Brian

Email Info -
http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

Tony Raven

..BRIAN. wrote:

> And so you think the next version is going to be 1.0? Keep waiting.

Mozilla do!

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/roadmap.html

Tony

PeEmm

..BRIAN. wrote 2004-08-03 06:26:

> Chaos Master wrote:
>

>>FATAL: panic at .BRIAN., line 666, address user@127.0.0.1:
>>

>>>That is the version the bug is scheduled to be fixed. Does version
>>>0.9.2 not work for you? Why are you so excited to find version 1.0?
>>>Why stop there? You'll just start looking/asking for versions 1.1, 1.2,
>>>1.3, etc.

>>I am just curious (and yes, waiting a lot for 1.0). My FF 0.9.1+ Unstable
>>works .
>>
>>[]s

> And how do you know the particular nightly you are using is considered
> "unstable". Where are you getting this information on the stability of
> nightly builds? Please let us all know.

"All" already know. Here's a link for you:

<http://texturizer.net/firefox/faq.html#q1.7>

--
/P.M.

.BRIAN.

Tony Raven wrote:
> .BRIAN. wrote:
>

>> And so you think the next version is going to be 1.0? Keep waiting.

> Mozilla do!
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/roadmap.html
>
> Tony

That road map shows September 14th as the release date. I guess that's
pretty close... probably not enough time to release a version 0.9.3 --
although I'm willing to bet you will.