Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > sqlserver to mysql data transfer of image column

sqlserver to mysql data transfer of image column

DBA.9999

we are copying a sqlserver 2005 data to mysql using perl dbd (freetds for sql
server and standard dbd/dbi for perl). We are having problems with image column
of a sql server table. this contains jpeg data and the application can not view
it on mysql side.
We also used bcp of sqlserver and same problem there too.
is there anything that needs to be done on perl or sqlserver or mysql.

thanks

Uri Guttman

D9> we are copying a sqlserver 2005 data to mysql using perl dbd
D9> (freetds for sql server and standard dbd/dbi for perl). We are
D9> having problems with image column of a sql server table. this
D9> contains jpeg data and the application can not view it on mysql
D9> side. We also used bcp of sqlserver and same problem there too.
D9> is there anything that needs to be done on perl or sqlserver or
D9> mysql.

i dunno freetds but why can't you use DBI for sqlserver too? also if you
are writng the jpegs to/from flat files during this process, make sure
you enable binmode on them. otherwise on winblows a newline char (sure
to be found in images somewhere) will be converted to cr/lf and that
will ruin the image data. without seeing code or your design i can't
tell where you need to do this but it is a good guess.

uri

DBA 9999

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Uri Guttman says...

> D9> we are copying a sqlserver 2005 data to mysql using perl dbd
> D9> (freetds for sql server and standard dbd/dbi for perl). We are
> D9> having problems with image column of a sql server table. this
> D9> contains jpeg data and the application can not view it on mysql
> D9> side. We also used bcp of sqlserver and same problem there too.
> D9> is there anything that needs to be done on perl or sqlserver or
> D9> mysql.
>
>i dunno freetds but why can't you use DBI for sqlserver too?

Yes I am using perl DBI for sqlserver too (freetds is the DBD
driver which makes possible to use it on unix). Basically
it is fetchrow_array from sqlserver and pass that array to
mysql.