Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Correct way to save zip file after replacing member?

Correct way to save zip file after replacing member?

david.karr

I've written a short utility script to replace a member in a zip file,
using the Archive::Zip module. After calling "updateMember()", I'm
pretty sure I need to do something else to "finish" this, perhaps just
writing the file out. Assuming my script has the original file name
and the "Zip" object, what are the steps I should follow to write out
this change to the original file name? I'm testing this on Cygwin,
but it will need to work on Mac and Linux also (probably not an
issue). I've read the Archive::Zip doc page, but I haven't seen
anything that clearly says what I need to do here.

Steve C

david.karr wrote:
> I've written a short utility script to replace a member in a zip file,
> using the Archive::Zip module. After calling "updateMember()", I'm
> pretty sure I need to do something else to "finish" this, perhaps just
> writing the file out. Assuming my script has the original file name
> and the "Zip" object, what are the steps I should follow to write out
> this change to the original file name? I'm testing this on Cygwin,
> but it will need to work on Mac and Linux also (probably not an
> issue). I've read the Archive::Zip doc page, but I haven't seen
> anything that clearly says what I need to do here.

From the doc, it looks like you want the overwrite method.