Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > altering PDF file security settings

altering PDF file security settings

David Griffith

I'm trying to come up with a way to alter the security settings on PDF
files. For example: I frequently rebuild PDF forms. Manually running
these through Adobe Acrobat Pro is extremely tedious. If I can come up
with a Perl script to strip the security settings, that would speed
things up a great deal. So... How can I, with Perl, alter these
security settings?

--
David Griffith
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) <--- Put my last name where it belongs

David Griffith

David Griffith <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I'm trying to come up with a way to alter the security settings on PDF
> files. For example: I frequently rebuild PDF forms. Manually running
> these through Adobe Acrobat Pro is extremely tedious. If I can come up
> with a Perl script to strip the security settings, that would speed
> things up a great deal. So... How can I, with Perl, alter these
> security settings?

To answer any suggestions for using CAM:DF, I tried that. The
following command yielded a corrupted file. Different combinations of
permissions didn't seem to help.

rewritepdf.pl -P 0 0 0 0 foo.pdf bar.pdf

--
David Griffith
(E-Mail Removed) <--- Put my last name where it belongs