Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Web Based Perl Courses

Web Based Perl Courses

Graham Drabble

Hi,

I've been asked to find some basic / intermediate Perl courses for a
colleague. We've already got Learning Perl and Programming Perl on the
bookshelf but I've been asked to get a Web course that they can follow.

I know that many people here have a very low opinion of many of them
and having reviewed a couple I agree. What's the consensus on the best
(least worst!) ones?

--
Graham Drabble
http://www.drabble.me.uk/

Uri Guttman

GD> I've been asked to find some basic / intermediate Perl courses for a
GD> colleague. We've already got Learning Perl and Programming Perl on the
GD> bookshelf but I've been asked to get a Web course that they can follow.

GD> I know that many people here have a very low opinion of many of
GD> them and having reviewed a couple I agree. What's the consensus on
GD> the best (least worst!) ones?

almost all the web tutorials suck donkey eggs.

but the o'reilly school of technology (yes, the publisher) has just
released their perl level 1 class and are planning something like 5-6
levels. these come with continuing education credits from a real
university as well. i recommend them as i know the author well (peter
scott) and he is very good at perl training. there are current discounts
on the course so tell your colleague about them.

uri

John Bokma

"Uri Guttman" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> but the o'reilly school of technology (yes, the publisher) has just
> released their perl level 1 class and are planning something like 5-6
> levels. these come with continuing education credits from a real
> university as well. i recommend them as i know the author well (peter
> scott) and he is very good at perl training. there are current discounts
> on the course so tell your colleague about them.

http://www.oreillyschool.com/courses/

thanks Uri

--
John Bokma j3b

Graham Drabble

On 11 Mar 2010 "Uri Guttman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> GD> I've been asked to find some basic / intermediate Perl
> courses for a GD> colleague. We've already got Learning Perl and
> Programming Perl on the GD> bookshelf but I've been asked to get
> a Web course that they can follow.
>
> GD> I know that many people here have a very low opinion of many
> of GD> them and having reviewed a couple I agree. What's the
> consensus on GD> the best (least worst!) ones?
>
> almost all the web tutorials suck donkey eggs.
>
> but the o'reilly school of technology (yes, the publisher) has
> just released their perl level 1 class and are planning something
> like 5-6 levels. these come with continuing education credits from
> a real university as well. i recommend them as i know the author
> well (peter scott) and he is very good at perl training. there are
> current discounts on the course so tell your colleague about them.

Thanks. Not sure I'll get the boss to actually spend money but we can
try.

--
Graham Drabble
http://www.drabble.me.uk/

OT - web design courses in the UK? Bob HTML 7 07-08-2008 09:37 AM
perl and php, horses for courses? pc Perl Misc 1 01-05-2006 10:52 PM
Web Based Cisco Courses Bill F Cisco 1 09-21-2004 11:02 AM
XML based language for defining web based user interfaces Christofer Dutz XML 3 12-09-2003 12:10 PM
Re: python based tools for developing web-based apps Alex Martelli Python 0 08-18-2003 12:26 PM

Advertisments