Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > 'asp' is an unrecognized tag prefix or device filter

'asp' is an unrecognized tag prefix or device filter

Roger Helliwell

Hey guys,

Just sat down this morning to continue on a project (using Whidbey)
I've been working on for 3 months. To my surprise (which quickly
turned to horror) I started receiving the following error on every
single aspx page:

'asp' is an unrecognized tag prefix or device filter

I'm baffled. The solution builds fine, and each page seems to build
fine (CTRL+F, but I can't switch to Design view on any page. I have
made no changes to my config that I know of.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can make things right?

Roger

=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZUw=?=

The best people to answer this will be at

http://asp.net/Forums/ShowForum.aspx...=1&ForumID=137

HTH MikeL.

"Roger Helliwell" wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> Just sat down this morning to continue on a project (using Whidbey)
> I've been working on for 3 months. To my surprise (which quickly
> turned to horror) I started receiving the following error on every
> single aspx page:
>
> 'asp' is an unrecognized tag prefix or device filter
>
> I'm baffled. The solution builds fine, and each page seems to build
> fine (CTRL+F, but I can't switch to Design view on any page. I have
> made no changes to my config that I know of.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can make things right?
>
> Roger

Roger Helliwell

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 20:09:02 -0800 in
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet, "MikeL"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The best people to answer this will be at
>
>http://asp.net/Forums/ShowForum.aspx...=1&ForumID=137
>
>HTH MikeL.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. On a whim, and like
others suggested, I deleted the contents of

C:\Documents and Settings\[Username]\Application
Data\Microsoft\VisualStudio\8.0\ReflectedSchemas

and the problem miracously disappeared.

Roger