Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Map feature in thunderbird address book

Map feature in thunderbird address book

Ranjit

Hi,

I liked the cool feature of getting a Map from the addressbook entry.
However, right now I always get a error on the mapquest site.
Error Code: 400
mqs.searchReq did not return out array

Also, Can i change some setting so that I can use yahoo maps instead of
mapquest?

TIA

Ranjit

Never mind, figured it out after reading through the Thunderbird Forums.

In the chrome\en-US-mail.jar file, we need to change the entry for
mail.addr_book.mapit_url.format in the region.properties file.

The URL for yahoo maps is:
http://us.rd.yahoo.com/maps/us/insert/Tmap/extmap
/*-http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?taddr=@A1+@A2&csz=@CI+@ST+@ZI&country= @CO

You could check out the correct format for mapquest and replace it so
that it works for mapquest too (without the error 400).

-Ranjit